Saturday, April 11, 2009

What is a name?

What was his name? What was his name?

What is a name?

I didn't plan to know his name.

But I saw his musical (percussion) instrument lying on the floor next to the chair. It was as if it was leaning on the chair, looking at me. It was like he was a child hanging unto his mother's side, looking at me, observing me,... hiding from me. And the guy's name was written all over it.

It felt as if it was not destined for me to know his name. But I knew. I knew, so what can I do?

Would it make a difference whether or not I knew his name? What if I kept seeing him and I would not ask for his name? What if he did not give his name to me?

If someone gives you his name, would it be taken away from him? Would it be yours to keep? Or would you two share it? What about the others who know his name too?

Names. They drive me crazy. So does he.

1 comment:

  1. well if he drove you crazy, i'm pretty sure his name can't remain anonymous forever. even if consciously you force yourself not to find out, subconsciously it'll folow you around like weird puppy. hahaha

    ReplyDelete